- New Year’s Day — Jan. 1
- Good Friday — March or April
- Easter Sunday — March or April
- Independence Day — April 18
- Christmas — December 25
(Rogers, Barbara R and Rogers, Stillman D. Zimbabwe. New York, NY: Children’s Press, 2002.)
Lesson Plan Ideas for Zimbabwean Holidays
- Research and read about the last three holidays listed – discuss the importance of these.
- What are some holidays that are unique our country? How are these similar to / different than the holidays of Zimbabwe?
- Have a class party where you “celebrate” one or more of these holidays!