Popular Games and Sports in Zimbabwe
- lawn bowling
(Rogers, Barbara R and Rogers, Stillman D. Zimbabwe. New York, NY: Children’s Press, 2002.)
Lesson Plan Ideas:
- Play checkers! 🙂
- Read description of Cricket and lawn bowling and have students try to play it – – or give the description to the gym teacher to play during gym class.
- Learn more about Henry Olonga (Cricket player/musician/artist) at http://www.henryolonga.net/container/
- Check out videos online of each sport being played.
- Allow students to play some online African games during free time in the computer lab.
- http://pbskids.org/everything.html (cool site of fun activities that deal with Africa)
- http://africa.mrdonn.org/games.html (African games)