(hyperlinked animals have information and pictures provided)
(Rogers, Barbara R and Rogers, Stillman D. Zimbabwe. New York, NY: Children’s Press, 2002.)
Lesson Plan Ideas for Animals in Zimbabwe
Quick and Easy:
- Have the students gather around as you read the information about each animal – show the pictures to them. Allow for discussion.
- Have students write about the pictures they see. (English Connection – here you will find a worksheet for students to write about what they see)
- Encourage students to learn more about the animals by getting books from the library.
- Check out some fun websites that have more photos and/or video of the animals found in Zimbabwe
- Have students research the other animals that are listed as common in the country but do not have a fact sheet attached.
- Animal Report (Here you will find a one-page worksheet for students outlining some basics of animal research)
- Individually or as small groups, have students write a report on the animal they are researching.
- Individually or as small groups, have students create a poster of the animal.
- Allow students to present their report and/or poster to the class.