- matooke / matoke
- ugali (type of corn bread)
- grasshoppers fried with onions and pepper
Lesson Plan Ideas for Ugandan Food:
- Read “What is Cassava?”to class and discuss why this is such a popular (staple) food for Uganda.
- Print out the recipes for Ugandan matoke, ugali, luwombo. Read to the students what is in it and how it is made.
- Make one or more of the foods and allow each student to taste it.
- If you are able to make it together as a class, this is a great math connection as well.
- Send home a request for parents to volunteer to make some of these foods.