- New Year’s Day — Jan. 1
- International Women’s Day — March 8
- Labor Day — May 1
- Martyr’s Day — June 3
- National Heroes’ Day — June 9
- Independence Day — Oct. 9
- Christmas and Boxing Day — Dec. 25-26
Lesson Plan Ideas for Ugandan Holidays
- Read descriptions of National Heroes’ Day and Independence Day– discuss the importance of these.
- What are some holidays that are unique our country? How are these similar to / different than the holidays of Uganda?
- Make a Venn diagram comparing Independence Day in Uganda to Independence Day in your country.
- Have a class party where you “celebrate” one or more of these holidays!