Uganda Music and Art
- instruments — xylophone (key instrument), harps, zithers, fiddles, flutes, horns, shakers, rattles, drums
- Ugandan bands — Afrigo Band, Peterson Mutebi and the Tames, Freddy Kanyike and the Rwenzoris, and Jimmy Kitumba and the Ebonies
- Singing and dancing are a significant part of the Ugandan culture.
- traditional woodcarvings
- contemporary paintings
Lesson Plan Ideas for Music & Art in Uganda:
- Have students look at pictures of Ugandan Baskets or pictures of Ugandan Woodcarvings and complete the English connection worksheet.
- Talk to the art teacher at your school to see if he/she has some ideas of projects you can do with your students either in your classroom or that he/she can do with them in art class.
- Watch videos online of Ugandan children singing
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1SqEO84q8 — Ugandan children singing This Little Light of Mine (1:18)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73PP-FnpfI — Ugandan children singing Sleeping Beauty and acting out the story -a little bit different version (4:34 — for the first 50 seconds they are getting the children organized)
- Watch videos online of popular Ugandan bands
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZlMVw6CC08 (Ugandan Afrigo Band (not in English)