- Self-directed. What this means is that you set the parameters of the event. The “what, where, when” of the event is determined by you.
- Flexible. You have the freedom to create an event based upon the sport or activity that you enjoy. And, the event can be on the day of your choice, at any location in the world, and at the time of day that works for you.
- AFCA supported. AFCA provides event registration forms and sponsor forms. In addition, AFCA staff is available to assist you so that your event is successful.
- Life changing. Your life will be changed as you give of yourself to help children in need of medicine and hope. The lives of the children will be changed as they receive medicine that keeps the HIV/AIDS at bay and enables them to laugh, run, jump, sing, dance and live life fully.
Past Climb Up events include:
- 24 Hours of Gunnison Glory – rock climbing in Gunnison, Colorado
- A walk-a-thon in Hershey, PA
- A walk-a-thon and BBQ in Washington State
- A walk-a-thon in Portland, Oregon
- Smith Rock Detour – Reel Rock Festival and climbing competition
- Held at Inner Peaks Gym, this was a day-long gym event with competitions, raffles, food, massages and training
- A day-long gym event with competitions and raffles at the University of Wisconsin – Stephens Point, WI