Climb Up So Kids Can Grow Up is the umbrella for a series of outdoor events which raise funds which go directly to our programs, helping children affected and/or infected by AIDS. Whether you’re a seasoned or "just starting to get healthy" athlete with a goal to get fit, a corporate or religious group looking for a way to help African children or a family in search of an enjoyable outing that benefits an AIDS charity, Climb Up offers challenges of all types.
AFCA hosts Climb Up events in different parts of the world, including Climb Up: Kilimanjaro, Climb Up: Nepal, Climb Up: Peru and Climb Up: New Zealand. Each of these events is different from the others, but all are exciting and life-changing for AFCA’s kids.
Other AFCA events which fit under our Climb Up series due to their outdoor nature include Climb Up: Nigeria.
For those of you who don’t want to participate in a formal event, but who like the outdoor, feel free to create a self-directed outdoor challenge! Things which have been done to raise funds for AFCA include:
- A horse trail ride - they did "climb up a horse"!
- Climbing gyms around the country held competitions and special days, donating proceeds to AFCA
- A team of two climbed in Utah and had a blast while at it
- A cycling team rode 10 hours and climbed 4,000 vertical miles
- A walk-a-thon was held in PA, with the youngest walker raising the most funds
- Smith Rock Detour donates part of their proceeds to AFCA
- A daughter and father went on a long hike on the Appalachian Trail
- A team of three competed in an adventure race and proudly wore Climb Up t-shirts