sadza ne nyama — usually just called sadza
- Sadza is so much part of the Zimbabwean diet that it has come to be the word for any meal
(Rogers, Barbara R and Rogers, Stillman D. Zimbabwe. New York, NY: Children’s Press, 2002.)
Lesson Plan Ideas for Zimbabwean Food
- Read “What is Sadza” to your class and discuss.
- Print out the recipe for sadza ne nyama. Read to the students what is in it and how it is made.
- Make sadza ne nyama and allow each student to taste it.
- If you are able to make it together as a class, this is a great math connection as well.
- Send home a request for parents to volunteer to make some of these foods.