STEP ONE: The Application
- Click here to download the application or fill in a registration form directly online here.
- Complete the application and submit it via email. Be sure to make your application as complete as possible.
- After your application is submitted, it will be forwarded to the appropriate Team Leader.
STEP TWO: The Interview
- After receiving your application, the Team Leader will contact you to arrange for a 30-45 minute interview.
- Couples: please note that we must have individual interviews with each of you.
- Minors (14 to 17 year olds): We will interview you then follow-up by interviewing one or both of the custodial parents or guardians who will be travelling with you.
- The interview will consist of a number of questions that allow the Team Leader to get to know you. And it gives you a chance to learn more about the Team Leader and to ask any questions you may have about the trip.
STEP THREE: The Invitation
- If after the interview, you decide you would like to continue with your application, and the Team Leader feels that you would be a good fit for the team, an invitation will be extended to you. This will occur either at the end of your phone interview or within a few days if multiple applications are being considered.
STEP FOUR: Pay Your Deposit
- After an invitation is extended, you’ll need to pay your $300 deposit to AFCA.
- This needs to be donewithin 15 days of receiving an invitationfor the trip, unless other arrangements are made with the Team Leader. Otherwise your position on the team cannot be confirmed.
- This deposit is non-refundable.
To pay your deposit:
You can send a check:
§ Simply mail it to:
American Foundation for Children with AIDS
6221 Blue Grass Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17112
§ Be sure that you note "VWP" and the destination (Kenya, Nepal, etc.) on the memo line of your check.
Or you canpay online on the AFCA website:
§ Go to afcaids.org
§ Click on the "Give" button and go down to "Donate Online at GiveDirect.org"
§ In the Comments field under Section 2 Donation, type in the host country location and dates for the team you are joining
- After you have made your deposit, you are officially on the team!